With RainMap you will never miss a storm
The RainMap application allows online access to historical and actual rainfall information for any location in the country, also between the gauges. The application automatically:
- collects and stores large amount of rainfall data from radars, satellites, numerical weather prediction models and automatic weather stations in real-time
- combines the different rainfall sources into a “best available” gridded rainfall product
- makes historical and actual precipitation data easily accessible via the web browser (no software installation needed).
Select a period and the RainMap provides the best available precipitation information per pixel or per area . Via an interactive geographical map the requested precipitation sum (map) and precipitation intensity per time step (graph) can be presented per pixel or area.
The RainMap contains the following additional functionality:
- Upload tool which allows you to upload shapefiles which will become available in the RainMap application
- Download tool which allows you to download long precipitation time series per pixel or per area in different well-known formats (e.g. CSV).
- Personalised Dashboard: determine what information you want to see in order to make reliable decisions.